I have unshakable faith in children. They always show me the way. ♥

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

life in an icosahedron...

Very random:

The other night, my husband and I were watching a rerun of Mythbusters (which is just a fantastic show, in my opinion) and one of the show's stars, Adam, was constructing a shape that would need to be inflated, so he decided to make an icosahedron.

I grinned immediately and wished that my students were watching the show with me.

Every single one of my students would have known that an icosahedron is a 20 sided figure. We had a very cool foam icosahedron with numbers on each face that we used this year in various math games.

Now, I wonder if Jamie and Adam from Mythbusters might be interested in some of our first grade math games?

1 comment:

Katie said...

How cool! We love that show, too, and have "marathons" thanks to our Tivo. ;)

Having a nice summer?