I have unshakable faith in children. They always show me the way. ♥

Sunday, November 9, 2008

leaves...

Several weeks ago, our first grade classes took a field trip to a local county park, a nature center with a pond and a stream and a fantastic trail for walking. During our nature walk, my students took great pleasure in kicking the fallen leaves up as they walked, crunching them underfoot, and just generally making a lot of noise with the leaves.

Today my husband and I went for a long walk through the trail in our neighborhood and beyond. It was a gorgeous, sunny day and the leaves were in full glory all along and across the trail. It was a great walk. Also, I discovered something. I am about twenty-nine years older than my students, and apparently...

Crunching and kicking and making a great deal of noise with fallen leaves just doesn't ever lose it's appeal. :)



No comments: